Thursday, July 12, 2012

Savages Indeed

Ah Savages... hot men, hot women... it has to be a good movie!!! It wasn't that bad but it wasn't that great either, the start up was very slow and the action only consisted in the last half of the movie. My major concern was Blake Lively. I'm familiar with her work--Gossip Girl, The Town, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants-- well I had already known this... but now all of you shall know that she cannot act. Has anyone noticed that she has a very monotone voice and she always keeps her mouth open o.O Either close your mouth when you're not talking or just go back to acting school and actually learn something this time around. The plot was a let down too, when I heard that this movie was about the drug cartel, drugs such as cocaine, meth, heroin all popped up in my head but spoiler alert... the movie was about marijuana -__- that's not a real drug come on now! On a positive note, Salma Hayek shocked me with her performance! It's no Oscar winner but I didn't know she could act in this role, she always seemed like a comedian that nobody could understand, kind of like Sofia Vergara, so two thumbs up for that! If anyone likes male nudity like one of my friends, then the first 15 minutes are for you so I highly suggest that you don't watch this movie with parentals. If anyone dislikes abuse, torture, and torment like my other friend whose eyes were closed for about 50% of this film, then this movie isn't for you. I'd give this movie a 2 out 5 for the overall movie but I'd give it a 4 out of 5 just for the famous cast and director. Watch at your own risk!

1 comment:

  1. I ADMIT IT! I did close my eyes, but only because PEOPLE WERE GETTING BURNEDDDDD! :O

    ReplyDelete